Monday, January 3, 2011

Potato Soup

So, I now have a house full of people (or had, my brother and his boyfriend left today). But when I had a house full, six people in total, I needed something filling that I could make a lot of too feed them, therefore I made potato soup. I can't believe I actually had to use a 5 lb. bag of potatoes, but I did. This recipe definitely feeds six, probably twice over, which was great for me because I didn't want to spend all of my time in the kitchen. ^_^

This soup is delicious. Hearty and satisfying and still quite healthy (even with the bacon, which you can leave out if you want to). 

Potato Soup
5 lb Yukon Gold Potatoes cubed
1 lb Carrots diced or sliced
3 Onions chopped
5-6 Celery Stalked chopped
1/2 cup Heavy Cream
1/2 lb Bacon 
3 tablespoons Flour
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Put cubed potatoes and carrots in a very large pot and put in water until just covered. Add in some salt and pepper and put on medium high to bring to boil. Meanwhile, saute celery and onions until onions are translucent and start to brown then add to the pot. Fry bacon until crisp and crumble into the soup. Add in the cream and let cook on medium low until everything is soft. If the soup isn't thick enough for your taste add in the flour and simmer on low for a while longer until thickened. Makes about 10-12 generous servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment