Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Introduction: me and the food I make

Hello!

This is my first time starting a blog so I am excited to see what it will be like. I love to cook and my friends have been after me for a while now to share my recipes and cooking know-how so here goes. I am not a professional chef or anything but I have been in the kitchen since I was three and collecting recipes (not that I followed them) from the time I was a teenager.

I moved to Florida this summer to follow my lovely partner who just landed his first teaching job. Unfortunately I have yet to find a job so I have plenty of time to write down recipes and my thoughts. I have no experience as a photographer so the shots of my food aren't going to be all that polished but they will look realistic.

Lately I have been obsessed with cutting down on my meat intake so quite a few of my recipes will be vegetarian. It has been a blast trying out new veggies and planning meals that don't revolved around meat; it has made me realize how dominated American meals usually are by meat products - everything else seems to fall by the wayside.

I word of warning. I am very much a "pinch of this, dab of that" kind of cook. I never measure spices and I eyeball everything and frequently change up any recipe I have devised. I have begun trying to estimate how much spice I put in my food but most of my recipes will be estimates of what you should use. I believe that half the fun of being in a kitchen is experimenting and tasting until you like the result, so have fun! However, if you happen to have a question about my measurements or if my instructions aren't clear, I will be happy to elaborate.

Well, that is enough for an introductory post! Thank's for reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment